“The International Summer School on Social Banking & Sustainable Finance
is the annual international conference on social banking as well as sustainable and alternative finance. About 80 guests from 20 countries
from social and sustainable banks, alternative financial institutions, traditional banks and other interested people such as students will explore insights into the opportunities and challenges, roots and characteristics of this rapidly evolving field, from both practitioners and academics.We will focus on topics such as:
- Context, core business activities, products, services and origins of Social Banks,
- Recent and future developments in the context of Social Banking such as new business models (in the light of low interest margins, regulations & digitalisation),
- Innovations in the context of Social Banking & Sustainable Finance,
- International perspective: comparing and contrasting Social and Sustainable Banks,
- Community financing, partnerships and collaboration.
We use a range of different methods:
- Keynote, lectures, workshops, labs, finance fair, world cafe, open space, reflection, showcasing of projects / clients, networking, excursion,
- A good mixture of academics and experts from the field to provide depth in content,
- Reflecting on one’s practice,
- Thinking out of the box,
- Encouragement and guidance to explore creative resources (like drawing, acting or movement) as practical ways of artful knowing.
What will you learn?
- Experience the spirit of social banking,
- Learn about social banks and their roots, values, definition,
- Get to know the international perspectives and work of social banking and finance,
- Join an international movement,
- Broaden your horizon and be inspired for your daily work.”
More information on their website.
Please note that early bird tickets with 100€ discount are available until 15th February.