“Elections in the European Parliament, as well as the beginning of a new mandate for the European Commission, mark a significant point in the progression of the ambitious Action Plan on Financing Sustainable Growth. The event is gathering civil society, policy-makers and finance industry representatives to discuss the opportunities and challenges present at this critical juncture.
This evening event will launch a civil society statement on the future of sustainable finance at the EU. Key policy-makers and industry representatives will present their reflections on the statement, as well as on the sustainable finance agenda at the EU.
The following speakers already confirmed their participation:
- Valdis Dombrovskis, European Commission Vice-President for the Euro and Social Dialogue;
- Gabriel Bernardino, Chair of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority;
- Michael Budolfsen, President of UNI Europa Finance & Nordic Financial Unions;
- Roxana De Carvalho, Head of Corporate Affairs Department, European Securities and Markets Authority;
- Bas Eickhout MEP, leading candidate for Commission President for the Greens/European Free Alliance;
- Sebastien Godinot, Economist at WWF European Policy Office;
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive of ShareAction;
- Said El Khadraoui, Adviser, Social Affairs Team of the European Political Strategy Centre;
- Risto Murto, President and CEO of Varma;
- Marianna Uotinen, Financial Services Attaché and Chairperson on Sustainable Finance during the Finnish Presidency;
- Dr. Esther Wandel, Head of Investment Fund Section, German Federal Ministry of Finance.
The event will take place from 5.30 – 8.15pm, followed by a cocktail reception. The agenda will be released shortly.”
More information can be found here.